Oct 15, 2004

on dating

Date--An appointment, especially an engagement to go out socially with a member of the opposite sex.

Are the two person on a date necessarily lovers?

I think I have never dated any girls out successfully. But, I have often gone out “socially with a member of the opposite sex”. Anyway, this is not the point here.

I bought a book called dating—clues for the clueless. The book is quite interesting and well-written. Absolutely for guys like me who never actually date out anyone. I once see dating as a weird thing that eats up time unconsciously quickly. I would consider myself to be crazy if I buy such books in China

Still I do not make much progress on it after I arrived in Singapore, where almost everyone around is dating. I could remain stubbornly unmoved even a commonly-sensed attractive girl is aside. I may be too selfish of my time. Even chatting for a long time, I would blame myself. In this sense, I am a workaholic and not a social guy.

I like the words from Higgins in the movie My Fair Lady, "enjoying the philosophical peace of myself". But on the other hand, I do not like to be a confirmed old bachelor as he.

Just a piece of free-thought outside work

No comments: