Oct 23, 2004

change in life goal


It seems that I have changed my life-goal. In Nanjing univ where natural science research is her major concern, and where I am filled with all kinds of formulas, being a science professor became my life goal. But when I moved away from home, as an exchange student in NUS, the contents of my life has changed a lot. Here, science stuff counts only a small fraction. In NUS, I read Plato, Descartes, Mill; I listen to concert; I realize the power of critical thinking; I join the talk of Entrepreneurship and I write a lot. Not surprisingly, I tend to believe that one's life-goal is not so simple, just to become somthing or someone. I believe, that my life-goal, rather, is to develop the critical thinking, to read more about whatever possible, to gain understanding of human nature and ethics, to appreciate music and arts, and at the things doing science stuff as long as I like doing it.(Perhaps science will be rice bowl.)

I hope when I come back to my home again, I will be able to keep this mindset, and go on to practice whatever I think is good to me.

No comments: