Dec 10, 2004

some small thoughts during the trip

1. The appetite for new things and curiosity of what is the law under the superficial scene makes me to pursue my science career.
2. A talk with Huong, a Malaysia business man whom I met in Green Hut lodge, reminds me the importance of English. English is a tool to let one be an international guy. He mentioned that there are good scientists in Japan and Germany who know little English. The lack of knowledge of English prevents them from being international.
3. I got lost twice or more times in KL shopping malls, which proves that the key of design shopping mall is to let the guest get lost and spend more time in the mall and hence more likely to buy more things.
4. I use the gesture of Thumb-up very frequently as an end of asking ways or other info in my travel. I learned the gesture from a guy in C1 Eusoff. I think it is a universal gesture for approval, which also turns me from the role of a learner to the role of more or less a judger.
5. Reading local newspaper reminds of the importance of getting a little knowledge of the macroeconomics, while doing the daily purchase make me feel that the microeconomics is also important.
6. I thought about chenyi in my trip. A teacher whose student is greater than her/him is the best teacher.
7. In the morning the 7th Dec, the host of Green Hut Lodge greeted me with “hi, zhe shi wo meng de nanjing ren!” it makes me feel a little proud because I may be the first nanjing ren in Malaysia Hostels
8. I ran, ran and ran, with the last hope of the kind service lady will let me in , and got to the Petronas Twin Tower 15 minutes after the time (4pm) shown on the ticket.
“I know I was late, but...”
“why are u late?”
“I lost my way.”
“do not do this again anywhere.” and she lets me in...
9. Yu tongmao: a man who solely learn from experience and who see college as an absolutely means

No comments: