Dec 10, 2004

small travel tips continued

1. I do not change the money to ringgit before arriving at Malaysia, which makes a little trouble when check in the hostel. Change the money before arriving at the country, or use the mastercard or visa card to draw money.
2. I bought the city map at the night I arrived at Kuala Lumpur, which is after I had found the hostel. Get the city map as early as possible, which make finding the hotel easier.
3. I used the compass throughout my journey. Always equipped with a compass when traveling!!
4. I do not bring an umbrella with me to Malaysia. And luckily, there is no rain in those days. But, next time, get the weather info of the destination and decide whether to bring the umbrella.
5. The Kuala Lumpur is small. All the places of interests are within walking distance. Take a note of the scale of the city map, the KL is 1:12000 and the size of the map is about 2 times the A4 size.
6. I use the single-shoulder bag in the trip, which hurts my shoulders. Next time, use the double-shoulder bag.
7. Muslin food is spicy, very spicy.
8. I bought 4 tins of beer in Malaysia. Every tin costs 7 ringgits. A usual meal will cost less than 5 ringgits. So, beer in Malaysia is much more expensive compare to beer in China.
9. I rent a very bad room in Malacca. The mirror in the room is broken, the bed sheet is not clean, the wall of bathroom which is shared within a floor molded. All of these spoil my mood. Look the room before renting it in the budget hotel.

No comments: