Nov 8, 2004

when my spirit is low


It is rare for me. I am usually in high spirit which may be due to constant self-appreciation. (Another interesting topic for self-analyzing) But after having today's critical writing tutorial, I feel depressed. I thought I had well prepared for the Critique on the issue of funding a university. But in the class, I was shocked by how narrow my mind is when the teacher mentioned the possible counter-arguments I have never thought about. Not only by narrow-minded, also am I shocked by my lack of skill of handling whole article which requires taking an overall view of the article. I only addressed the fallacies on the sentence level. After filling myself with unhappiness for a while, I met Sharad later this day. He said that this issue of funding a university is under subjects like economics and probably politics, neither of which I am not familiar with. Suddenly, I feel better. I see a way of catching up. I decided to read some stuff on economics and political science before the final exam of critical writing.

No comments: