Nov 25, 2004

some quotes for the memory of my finished philosophy module

"Curiously enough, one cannot read a book: one can only reread it. A good reader, a major reader, an active and creative reader is a rereader."--V Nabokov

"This is how philosophers should salute each other: 'take your time!' "--L Wittgenstein

"Ask two philosophers what is philosophy, and get three answers. Definitions tend to be either trivial or controversial."

"Philosophy...unintelligible answers to insoluble problems." H Adams

"There is nothing so ridiculous but some philosophers has said it." Cicero

I like the first one most, for it is the one that I have experienced and am going to pratice.

1 comment:

Wendong said...

also some quotes from Descartes:
"In this way I came to see the need, once in my life, to demolish all that I had accepted up to that point, and to make a fresh start from the very foundations, if I wanted to achieve anything solid and lasting in the sciences."

"Habitual patterns of thought keep reasserting themselves, and, against my wishes, take command of my faculty of belief, which is, as it were, bound in their service as a result of long occupation and the law of custom."