Aug 16, 2008

Critical Self-assessment 4 -- Health

For the past eight months, as my health condition becomes better and better, I participated in a series of activities in order to recover my strength and stamina. In the spring semester, I joined Grad House soccer team to compete in the intramural league; in the middle of June, I joined the Taekwondo Academy in Toronto, and I got my first color belt in July.

For me, joining the intramural soccer league is more than just playing; it is the first time since quitting soccer in my sophomore year that I am fit for playing at competitive level again. I scored one goal in our last game, and I consider it my biggest achievement during this half year. Taekwondo is a further effort to discipline myself and increase my endurance and strength. I enjoyed it a lot.

Discipline and practical knowledge of how the body and mind works helped and will continue to help me.

"A life of pleasure makes even the strongest mind frivolous at last."- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

No comments: