Jun 30, 2007

The things that I believe


Whenever someone is trying to ridicule people who believe in god by showing them the inconsistency of the existence of a god, it only proves how ignorant he is. We all have a set of deeply-entrenched beliefs that are unjustifiable. For those who have a religious belief, it is easier for them to know what they believe. But I don't believe in god, and I need to look deep into my heart to know what I believe. Here is a list of them.

I believe that the future is dynamic, that I must do my best to become what I truly want to be, and that I, as an independent man, have the control of my own life.

I believe that happiness is an internal state of mind, that optimism is much better than pessimism, and that a positive mindset is prerequisite for doing anything significant.

I believe that imagination is more important than knowledge and that the possibility of solving a problem should be the focus rather than problems themselves.

I believe in intuition. (Sometimes the best choice is made before I can understand why, and that is when I really need to follow my heart: "Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it." -- Matrix, Reloaded.)

I believe that the purpose of competitions is to drive me to strengthen myself, and is not to beat others, and that a good opponent sometimes worths more than a teammate.

1 comment:

Wendong said...

I believe in eternity, and I am looking for it in science and in love.