Aug 15, 2005

the beginning of a new season

The top five football leagues in Europe has been opening their new season one by one. For me, today marks the beginning of a new season, a season that is full with exams and tests. I had the GRE writing test this morning.

I had so many tests before, but this one is of particular importance, because I believed in this exam I reached such a stage of mindset that enables me to "journey through" tests.

What I wish for all students is some release from the clammy grip of the future. I wish them a chance to savor each segment of their education as an experience in itself and not as a grim preparation for the next step. I wish them the right to experiment, to trip and fall, to learn that defeat is as instructive as victory and is not the end of the world.

I don't know who wrote these words, but I'd like to keep them as a reminder that the process is all the important, and that being defeated does not necessarily mean imperfection.

In fact, everything can be perfect. The trick is how you define "perfect".

No comments: