Apr 23, 2005

what my life is now

One of my new friend met on FACES emailed me, ask me what kind of life I had in China. I think about what my life is like, but never write them down. She gives me a chance to take a careful look at my current life. Two words to describe it are busy and enjoyable.

It's a busy one: I have school work, lab work, and I also participate in FACES collaborative project and prepare for GRE on June.

It's also an enjoyable one. I like science and I like my current major, chemistry. The lab work is fascinating because I feel more like a scientist even though I have just started reading papers. Collaborative project is exciting; every member talks a lot in the online discussion board and I feel that I am now really going to do some work good to my local community and society. The GRE requires memory work which seems boring, but I have discovered a method to make it more interesting--to look up the unfamiliar word in American Heritage Dictionary to find some interesting sentences. I quote my favorite two sentences here: "The weapon which most readily conquers reason: terror and violence." And "Obedience, /bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth, / Makes slaves of men."

No comments: