Feb 22, 2005

a slip before chance


I am interested in analyzing human feelings these days and how emotion can influence reasoning. The patient is myself. I feel depressed this morning after knowing that the earliest interview time for my visa application will be on April 11, which is too late for FACES. The depression generate a sudden panic in me for quit a while.

The interesting thing is how such feeling, whether I call it depression, panic, fear or worry, take over the control of my mind. After the phone call, I write and sent a short message to a delegate informing this emergency. It was not until quite a while later that I discover the message is full of unconsciously mistyped words. I do not notice it at all when type them.

It is easy to keep balance when standing on normal ground. But when on the icy road, it is not such a easy task to keep balance. The same is the case that an emotion take over the mind when I still want to keep reasoning.

Drilling is what I need.

No comments: